- On Sale Items
- Buy Basket & Gourd
- Free Pattern
and Finding Baskets
- Contact Us
- Order Form
- About the Artist
- Carefree Days
- Patricia Baskets
- Welcomes you to:
- Travel and See
or Buy Baskets
- Places to Go
- Find Baskets
- I love to find baskets to look at and sometimes buy while
traveling. How to find them is the problem. Antique stores are
always a fun place to hunt old baskets, and I love the "treasures"
I find there.
- Museums are good too, especially natural history. And if
you are near an Indian Reservation, they may have some too.
- Listed below are some places I have found, and others that
people have recommended. If you have more information on these,
please send it to me. Also, try to send an address, phone number
or web site so I can get more information.
- Places to See
- Lake Erie College for Women - Painesville, Ohio (near Cleveland).
They have an Indian museum on campus. I once saw a collection
of 50 porcupine quill baskets there and it was breath taking
to say the least.
- Carnegie Museum - Natural History Section
- Pittsburgh, Pa. - They have more Indian Baskets
than any museum I have visited.
- Seneca Indian Museum, Salamanca, New York.
This is in the Southwest corner of N.Y. and on Reservation property.
It is truly an interesting place, with lots of baskets to see.
You can buy some baskets in their shop, but they are likely to
be Huron baskets, which are very beautiful.
- Museum of Natural History in Gainesville
- Hi Patricia--
- The museum website is www.flmnh.ufl.edu and when you get
there go to "exhibits" and then use the search for
the Pearsall Collection. ....Nancy G
The exhibit is very large and will be there until spring of 2006.
- Places to Buy
- Tamarac - Bexley, West Virginia. You
can't miss this stunning place when you are driving on Interstate
77, just south of Bexley. This is an outlet for the finest of
West Virginia's craftsman. Tamarac rates 5 stars in my book and
I never go by without stopping. The basket section is wonderful
with perhaps 200 baskets, but the rest of the place is a feast
for the eyes. The fine craftsmanship is truly astounding.
- Department of the Interior (State Department)
- Washington, DC - They have an authentic Indian store where
you can buy baskets.
- Collectables by Tomlinson - Pigeon Forge,
Tennessee. Located on the North Parkway, these people
trade in Indian baskets from all over the country. They usually
come to the NC convention, and their baskets are simply wonderful.
They specialize in Authentic Indian Arts, American Antiques and
Handmade American Crafts. Thier phone is 1-800-448-2015.
- Broom and Basket Shop - West Amana, Iowa
- As part of the artisan community of the Amana Colonies in
Iowa this shop is full of beautiful baskets of all styles woven
primarily by basket makers in the area.
- The Broom & Basket Shop also has a location in the the
main town of Amana . In addition to baskets, there are a variety
of brooms available and occasionally the broom maker will be
demonstrating his craft when you go in (check ahead if you want
to be sure to catch this). Supplies and patterns are available,
and they offer some wonderful opportunities for weekend classes.
The Broom & Basket Shop is also home of Iowa's Largest Walnut
- Broom & Basket Shop
618 8th Ave.
West Amana, IA 52203
- Hours: Mon.-Sat., 9am-5pm, (central time)
- Please send your comments on this page to email@example.com
- Watch This Site Grow With